1. Brand Your Facebook Page. Add a recognizable profile photo such as your company logo or a headshot of yourself if you’re a solopreneur. When selecting a photo, keep in mind that Facebook requires your profile picture dimensions to be 180 pixels by 180 pixels. So make sure your image fits as it will become a part of your brand.
When choosing a cover photo (the “hero” image that spans your page), choose one that’s high quality and engaging to your visitors. Keep in mind that the cover photo dimensions are 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels in height.
2. Optimize the Descriptions. Consider adding links to your website in the descriptions of your profile and cover photos. Links are opportunities for visitors to learn more about your company. Make sure to use shortened links with UTM parameters attached to them so you know if they are working or not.
3. Customize Your Page With Apps. To customize your Facebook page with apps, visit the Facebook App Center and search for apps you want to add to your page. Adding vCita to your Facebook page will boost engagement just as it increases engagement through your website. You can arrange the order in which they appear at the top of your page. You can select two more apps to show up in your tabs section and every other app will fall under the ‘More’ dropdown. Choose the most engaging (such as vCita) to appear in the top row.
4. Complete the ‘About’ Section. Thoroughly complete the ‘About’ section. A preview is available on the left-hand side of your page beneath your profile photo and it’s one of the first places people scan to learn more about you. Visitors can also navigate to the complete ‘About’ section by clicking on the tab.
Also consider adding to the ‘Milestones’ section of your ‘About’ tab with company achievements. For instance, add the year the company started, popular products, major events, new hires. To add milestones, click on the ‘Timeline’ section of your page and then click the ‘Offer, Event+’ option. ‘About’ and ‘Milestones’ are areas where interested visitors learn more about you and your business, where build credibility and the visitor can make the decision to engage further.
5. Post Relevant Content. Just like your website, you need to publish content that matters to your audience. If you just post photos and videos, your engagement will decline. So post links to articles, links to your blog, offers or discounts, tips and tricks for users of your product or service. Stagger your content so you have interesting posts and more promotional content balanced. Keep the self -promotion subtle because if it looks like an advertisement, people will not return. The more meaningful content will resonate with your audience and will keep visitors coming back for more. You will be seen as a thought leader and you’ll drive more visitors to your page. And these visitors are potential clients. Further, you can expand reach as visitors who like or share your posts reach others. You can build a following, and your business.
These are just a few tips to increase engagement through Facebook. Don’t forget that the same principles for building a better, more engaging website apply to Facebook as well. And, you can leverage vCita LiveSite to drive engagement and increase leads just as you do with your website now. Visitors can message, schedule an appointment online or make an online payment through your website 24 hours a day. If you haven’t tried vCita LiveSite, register for a free trial. You’ll be glad you did.